Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
Athletic Trainer (70145)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking an Athletic Trainer for our Orthopaedic Sports Medicine department located in Glenview, IL. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled Monday through Friday between 7:00AM – 7:00PM. Travel to Skokie, Chicago and Des Plains will be required.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a liaison between interdisciplinary healthcare providers, patients, and their families
- Provide a therapeutic exercise plans, patient education, follow-up planning and referrals
- Collaborate with community resources, equipment, home care vendors, and other healthcare professional
- Ensure the cleanliness of the clinic; maintain inventory of supplies and order as needed
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current CPR certification required
- Athletic Trainer Certification (from the National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification, Inc.) and current Licensed Athletic Trainer license thru IDFPR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in sports medicine, athletic training or therapeutic environment preferred
- Evidence of leadership, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, basic computer skills and clinical competence; ability to work evening hours if required
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.