Clinical Application Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60076
Clinical Application Manager (66443)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Manager over Clinical Ancillary, Content Management, and HIM applications for our Health Information Technology (HIT) Department located at our Corporate office in Skokie, IL. This person will be involved in developing and implementing the HIT strategic and tactical plan as it relates to the organizational strategic plan for NorthShore. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible.
- Project management, implementation, and support of over 100 Clinical Ancillary, Enterprise Content Management, Health Information Management applications which interface with our primary Electronic Medical Records software (EPIC)
- Manage a team of eight Analysts and Sr Analysts including interviewing/hiring, training, performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Assigns team members workloads, tasks, and project assignments.
- Analysis of workflow needs for projects including requirements analysis, contract review, recommendations for available options, implementation, enhancements, success criteria, and support
- Identifies potential problems or barriers for the project and communicates to management in a timely manner
- Monitors project status and ensures that appropriate project monitoring tasks are implemented and utilized
- Develops test plans and ensures they are appropriately executed
- Provides status reports and updates on aspects of the project as requested by management
- Assists with all phases of development from design to implementation leading to the ability to solve complex system/technical issues
- Participates in appropriate user forums, planning sessions, status meetings, department meetings to provide a Health Information Technology perspective on pending activities and strategic initiatives
- Evaluates upgrade documentation to determine implementation tasks for developing detail project plan
- Acts as an interface between end users and Health Information Technology department
- Facilitates the evaluation of all applications failures and corrective actions as necessary to guarantee system reliability, accuracy, and quality of performance on a continuing basis
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required; degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred
- 6 years experience in Healthcare Information Systems, with practical experience in healthcare operations and systems analysis required
- 3 years of management/lead experience is required
- Experience with Clinical Ancillary Applications: Softlab, Powerpath, Provation, Aria, Polysmith, and OBIX is strongly desired
- Experience with an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) application; OnBase preferred
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) application; Epic preferred
- Knowledge of HL7, Operating Systems, DBMS, HIPAA, MDM, HA/DR, VM, Cyber Security, and Cloud services is highly desired
- Strong leadership characteristics and managerial skills that empower and develop others
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate all activities of an applications support group with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the expertise to translate technical terminology into terms understandable by management, department heads and performance level personnel
- An understanding of the healthcare applications suite and their place in the acute care, physician, ambulatory and ancillary settings
- Programming logic skills and the proven ability to maintain and understand complex applications
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.