Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northlake, IL 60164
We currently have openings on third shift for Maintenance Technician at our manufacturing facility located in Northlake, Illinois
We are looking for motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. Our workplace requires individuals who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
This position is responsible for safely providing maintenance support to our fast-pace Northlake Container plant that is equipped with technology ranging from simple to state of the art for the corrugated industry. Utilize both excellent mechanical skills and knowledge (pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, power transmission, lubrication) and electrical/electronic skills and knowledge (PLCs, A/C, D/C motors and drives, schematics) in our continuous process manufacturing environment to achieve machine uptime metrics. Work positively with maintenance and operations teams to troubleshoot and solve problems. Will be engaged in preventative maintenance processes in assigned areas.
At least one year of successful mechanical and electrical/electronic troubleshooting and repair experience in a manufacturing facility.
• On-the-job success in safety, attendance and quality of work expected.
• Maintenance experience in corrugated a plus. Strong knowledgeable of lubrication, hydraulics, welding, pneumatics, electrical and electronics technologies.
• Excellent teamwork, cooperation and problem solving skills.
• Willingness to fully cross train in other technical areas to enhance capabilities.
• Willing and able to work second and third shifts, call-ins, holidays, and overtime as there is a constant demand for overtime in our maintenance department.
• Able to work with computer system for maintenance processes, stores and work orders.
• Provide own tools initially (tools worn out on the job will be replaced).
Candidates must be willing to work alternative shifts, weekends, and overtime as required.
Minimum qualifications for consideration are two years of work experience in a Maintenance Manufacturing environment with at least one year with the same employer. Highly-qualified candidates would possess manufacturing experience in the corrugated industry.
The hiring process for successful candidates will include a pre-employment aptitude and Maintenance test, as well as a team interview.
Interested candidates that meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to go to http://www.internationalpaper.com/careers and fill out an application for this position.
International Paper Company is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.