Analyst Sr, III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015
- Design, develop, implement and administer compensation programs and/or incentive plans to support the organization’s objectives. Analyze pay and program results in order to develop recommendations for future changes.
- Perform job evaluations, including the creation of job descriptions and market pricings, coordinating efforts with area management and Human Resources business partners. Specifically to sales jobs.
- Administer and manage all sales plans in the organization. Work with business partner to ensure plan is updated on an annual basis, obtaining all approvals, and maintaining master database of plans.
- Ensure compensation programs and plans are in compliance with government agencies, financial processes and legal requirements. Analyze company compensation policies in relation to government wage and hour regulations, prevailing rates for similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommend changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive rates.
- Work closely with the company?s management and auditors to coordinate SOX compliance reviews.
- Participate in the documentation of compensation programs and plans, including summary plan descriptions and other plan documents. Assist in the review and approval process, ensuring Legal and Finance have provided input and approval.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business partners and client areas to support job changes, reorganizations and salary changes, including promotions. Analyze organizational pay practices and make recommendations for salary changes to ensure equity.
- Assist in the administration of performance management programs to ensure compliance with compensation administration guidelines.
- Respond to management requests for assistance and questions regarding the compensation programs and plans.
- Participate in special projects as assigned, which may include cross-functional HR and company teams.
- May assist in the development of exhibits and reports to support meetings of the Human Resources Committee of the Board of Director, summarizing current compensation programs and research of potential programs.
- Provide analysis of compensation external market data, to identify trends and propose enhancements to programs.
- Participate in salary surveys, ensure tracking in survey log, and perform analysis or results.
- Assist in updating the salary structure. Research market trends and make recommendations for enhancements, improvements and increased competitiveness.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant?s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Sales Incentive Plans and sales job evaluations required.
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience in solving problems and identifying recommended solutions.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in the field of compensation.
- Proven skills in researching, collecting and analyzing data for base and variable pay programs and writing job descriptions.
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail, follow-up and problem resolution.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficiency in accessing, importing and exporting data from HRIS systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Must possess a goal driven sense of urgency and customer service responsiveness, with ability to consistently meet or exceed deadlines on all projects and requests.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor?s degree in Human Resources, Finance or related discipline required, or equivalent experience.
- CCP Certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years proven related experience in a compensation analyst role.
- Prior experience in sales compensation administration is preferred.???
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor?s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©