LPN / RN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61103
Under the supervision of the Director of Nurses, is responsible for coordinating and/or performing assigned nursing duties and procedures for the comfort and well being of the individuals of Milestone, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reliable and prompt attendance, demonstrating a working knowledge of self-scheduling and cooperation as necessary to meet the individuals and/or facility needs.
2. Functions as a member of the IDT and recommends, in cooperation with Child Care workers, health/medical goals for the individual.
3. Establishes and maintains effective communication with the individuals parents and/or guardians, communicating medication changes and/or health status.
4. Establishes and maintains effective inter and intra departmental communication, promoting effective team functioning, communication, and cooperation between professional and non-professional staff.
5. Actively pursues optimum health care for all individuals.
6. Keeps health plans current, updating according to ensure continuity of care. Evaluates individuals needs and responses to health plans, informing the Director of Nursing of any significant changes in the individual’s condition and needs.
7. Implements individuals health care plan as approved by IDT and Human Rights Team as necessary. Assures individuals safety and well-being, maintaining equipment and supplies needed for the care of all individuals.
8. Administers prescribed medications and treatments; observing, documenting and appropriately responding to individuals reaction to medications and treatments. Immediately and promptly intervenes in the even of an adverse reaction, notifying the individuals physician and the Director of Nursing.
9. Keeps individuals medical records current on nursing observations and treatments rendered, individuals reactions and appropriate follow-up on services rendered. Records individuals reactions to test/results, intake and output of liquids/solids as necessary, response to treatments, blood pressure, pulse rate and quality, and respiratory effort.
10. Coordinates specimen/culture collection and transportation, and records results, notifying physician and Director of Nursing of abnormal results that would require immediate action based on the findings.
11. Assists with the admission, discharge, and transfer of individuals.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of DCFS Licensing Standards, and providing guidance to and work cooperatively with other staff to ensure continuous compliance with all applicable regulations.
13. Assists and coordinates medical director with weekly and annual examinations of individuals as needed.
14. Actively participates in in-service training and departmental meetings, and promoting positive problem solving and cooperative team effort.
15. Actively promotes cooperation efforts between nurses and other management staff, maintaining open effective communication.
16. Actively promotes, by example, maintenance of exceptionally clean, safe and pleasant environment for both the individuals and the staff. Immediately reports and/or documents any repairs or physical plant improvements, needed to maintain acceptable standards of safety, cleanliness, and pleasantness.
17. In compliance with Milestone, Inc. philosophy and policies regarding Human Rights, immediately intervenes on behalf of the individual, reporting concerns/observations to the DCFS Hotline. Assists staff as needed in calling the DCFS Hotline.
18. In Compliance with the Milestone, Inc. personal policies leads staff nurses by example, enforcing all personal policies, intervening promptly to unacceptable behaviors and reporting to the Director of Nurses all necessary staff interventions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the safe, efficient operation of the Agency.
1. Current State of Illinois License in good standing, Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
2. High School Diploma or G.E.D.
3. Must be able to intervene physically in behavioral and health related crisis with the individuals.
4. Current in CPR
5. Must be able to respond promptly to any/all emergency situations.
6. Must be fingerprinted and pass background check in accordance with DCFS standards.
Milestone, INC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.