Lighting/Sound Crew - Illinois Shakespeare Festival 2020
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Normal, IL 61790-1300
The Illinois Shakespeare Festival is a professional repertory theatre company that produces Shakespeare and contemporary plays in the spirit of Shakespeare every summer at the beautiful Ewing Cultural Center in Bloomington, Illinois. The Festival hires professional Directors, Designers, Actors, and production personnel and offers a variety of internships to students from Illinois State University and other colleges and universities. The Festival sells an average of 10,000 tickets per year, is supported by Illinois State University and the Illinois Shakespeare Festival Society, and is preparing for its 43rd season.
The Illinois Shakespeare Festival is seeking applications for a Master Electrician and Assistant Master Electrician/Light Board Operators for the 2020 summer season.
- Significant lighting, electrical and supervisory experience is required, preferably in a professional environment. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated lighting skills, good troubleshooting ability, work well in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated, have excellent communication and leadership skills, and be able to teach/lead young Electricians and interns.
- This position serves both an outdoor thrust and indoor proscenium space.
- This position is available for the build period of the Festival, May 19 – July 11.
ASSISTANT MASTER ELECTRICIAN/LIGHT BOARD OPERATORS
- Significant lighting, electrical and supervisory experience is desired, preferably in a professional environment. The ideal candidates will have demonstrated lighting skills, be proficient on ETC consoles, have good troubleshooting ability, work well in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated, have excellent communication and leadership skills, and be able to teach/lead young Electricians and interns.
- These positions serve as AME for an outdoor thrust or indoor proscenium space
- These positions are available for the full season, May 19 – August 11, hanging and focusing pre-season and staying on to run the light boards once the productions open.
For all of these positions, housing is available at a reduced cost beginning on May 18.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed and positions filled as applications are received.
In addition to the required resume and cover letter, interested applicants are encouraged to submit images of their work. Images can be uploaded as a Word or PDF document in the Other option under Optional Documents. Alternatively, a link to an online portfolio can be included in a Word or PDF document and uploaded in the Other option under Optional Documents.