Global Services Sales Policy and Governance Lead
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
Customer Success Group
The Global Services Sales Policy and Governance Lead will be responsible for the continuous improvement, maintenance, enablement and support of our global CSG services sales policies and direct interaction with our sales teams (Account Partners through SVP levels). S/he will also create and operate a governance framework to ensure our metric reporting, communication, and focus serves our strategic needs. The role will report to the Senior Director of Sales Excellence within the Customer Success Group.
The Global Sales Policy and Governance Lead will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all aspects of sales policy including sales policy creation, maintenance, and enforcement. The leader will develop a strong understanding and connection with the upstream and downstream organizations that policy impacts. S/he will work with all levels of of the business to answer policy-related questions, identify trends and areas for improvement, present policy improvements to senior leadership, implement these changes, enable sales with these changes, enforce policy, provide guidance, etc.
This individual must excel in communications, process improvement, problem solving, and operational tasks. S/he must act independently and demonstrate the ability to be successful in an unstructured, team-oriented environment. Our ideal candidate will have experience working with sales teams globally in a policy/governance-related position (or similar experience) and in a fast paced environment. Mediation and facilitating negotiations between sales team members is a daily part of our job; it is critical that the candidate be comfortable talking with all levels within the sales organization and be assertive and able to reach a resolution between sales teams to ensure our customer relationships are the best they can be.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Improve our governance maturity to streamline operations, improve effectiveness, and democratize our assets and information
- Advising the sales organization on best practices and available tools to manage business processes – requires interpreting the policy and explaining why we have the policy
- Partnering closely with various business teams to identify and prioritize continuous policy improvements
- A successful candidate will be curious in Why are we doing this , Who will this benefit , Who needs to be involved , and What does success look like?
- Understanding business processes surrounding accounts, territories and downstream impacts (i.e
- 15+ years progressively responsible experience in technology industry, supporting or being in field-facing roles
- Knowledge of SFDC will be extremely beneficial
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Employer’s Job# JR52904-Chicago
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement..