Item Processor 76
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bloomington, IL 61704
The Item Processor I is an entry level position. This position is responsible for keying amount entry and transaction balancing for all the branch locations served by Heartland Data Services. Attention to accuracy is critical. This position will be evaluated based on accuracy and keying speed, and volume of completed research requests once the training period has ended. Customer Service skills including written and oral communication with branch staff is paramount.
Essential Job Functions
- Show accuracy, speed and competency in all Item Processing duties for HDS.
- Feel comfortable with both the Item Processing software plus the HDS work order software for communicating to the branch staff.
- Complete statement/check image and Verification of Deposit requests within assigned turnaround timeframes.
- Display essential written and oral communication skills so the department can work within predetermined deadlines.
- Understand the work day is until all work is finished which fluctuates based on teller transaction volume.
- Support that the department works as a team although each team member must meet individual goals as well.
Core Essential Job Requirements
All employees must be able to relate well to customers and coworkers in a positive atmosphere of mutual respect without exhibiting behavioral extremes and be able to respond appropriately to direction and criticism from a supervisor.
- Provide exceptional customer care (both internal and external) in a manner that satisfies individual needs of each customer and builds loyalty to Heartland Bank
- Promote Heartland Bank within the community by consistently speaking highly of the Bank, its leaders, managers, employees and mission
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and employee information
- Respond positively to feedback and redirection
- Fully utilize systems, tools, training and resources provided to maximize potential
- Assist other departments as needed
- Speak English clearly.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
Computer Skills Requirements
- Work with Item Processing software vendor to trouble-shoot system and hardware issues
Must be quick and accurate with 10 keypad
- Must be accurate and neat with scanning documents
Education and Experience Requirements
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
1 year Item processing or Banking/Financial Services experience
Regularly: sitting, talking, hearing, vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus, keying
Occasionally: standing, walking, climbing and/or balancing, reaching with arms and hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, feeling/touching, lifting objects up to 30 pounds, Saturday shift