Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Carlyle, IL 62231
Summary: Responsible for administering an effective credit analysis, underwriting, and loan approval process that focuses on assessing commercial borrower repayment ability and accurately identifies credit risk. Make recommendations to mitigate identified credit risks. Provide direction and support for the creditworthiness of complex small, medium and large credits through analysis and review. Assist in administering the credit analysis function. Evaluate and prepare loan presentations along with recommendations for approval in accordance with the loan policy.
All employees are expected to protect the information and assets of the organization through heightened awareness of information security, cyber security, and risk management best practices, as well as complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and organizational policies.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop credit information for use by lending officers or committees in making lending decisions on complex small, medium and large new, renewal and extension loans:
? Review all pertinent credit and financial information including credit bureaus reports, appraisals, bank files and other credit reporting services.
? Determine the need for more thorough investigation or additional information and contact appropriate sources for such information.
? Prepare spreadsheet and financial information.
? Analyze complex and non-complex financial statements and related material.
? Prepare written and oral loan presentations and render opinions concerning creditworthiness to loan committee.
• Assist with the administration of loan review and analysis.
• Assist the loan officers and Credit Administration team by providing analytical services on prospective and active credits. Participate in the discussions with the Bank’s Loan Committee.
• Review and analyze collateral appraisal reports to determine their adequacy. Perform collateral valuations.
• Make recommendations for the approval or conditional approval of large and/or complex loans.
• Ensure that loans are originated in compliance with established policies and procedures and that exceptions are properly monitored, documented and approved.
• Answer credit inquiries from Bank employees and customers.
• Originate various credit inquiries as requested by loan officers and respond to such inquiries made to the Bank including accurate verification of reports.
• Assist in developing, maintaining and monitoring compliance with loan policies and procedures as well as controls necessary to maintain consistent underwriting standards and loan quality.
• Assist in revising the loan policy and ensuring that it is consistent with regulatory changes as well as organizational changes.
• Assist in the administration and underwriting of loan requests using Loan Operating Software.
• May provide guidance and direction to other staff members as needed.
Qualifications and Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
• Three to five years’ experience in the field of credit analysis, loan review or equivalent experience.
• Familiar with credit analysis, loan review and loan processing or credit functions for large and/or complex loans including all associated loan functions.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to problem solve, prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
• Ability to think critically and use good, sound judgment in decision making.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, outside auditors and accountants, Board of Directors or other members of management.
• Ability to write routine correspondence and communicate effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing with employees, customers, vendors and management.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Must understand and comply with company policies and procedures.
• Ability to deal with several abstract or concrete variables simultaneously. Ability to oversee goals and projects and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
• Ability to oversee goals and projects and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
• Ability to maintain a friendly, helpful and courteous attitude when working with customers or co-workers under diverse conditions.
• Ability to accurately and quickly complete standard mathematical calculations.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to interpret various ratios and relationships inherent in common or specialized financial reports.
• Ability to project future results or consequences from different alternatives and variables.
• Ability to use a calculator, computer and applicable software.
• Ability to use Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Outlook and Excel.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must have the ability to lift and carry 25 pounds for a distance of 50 feet.
Intent and Function of Job Descriptions: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills or working conditions. The duties and responsibilities enumerated are essential job functions except for those that begin with the word “May.”
Banterra promotes an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise disabled applicants and employees.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Banterra maintains its status as an at-will employer.