Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Requisition Number: 75001
Here at Insight, we’ve been helping our customers accomplish their most pressing technological projects for over 30 years. From time to time, our customers will ask us to help find subject matter experts to see these projects through. Currently, we’re looking to help one of our customers near Schaumburg take their data center operations from an on-prem setup into the cloud. If you are a Project Manager with proven experience consolidating and migrating data centers, keep reading!
What you will be doing:
- Project Management of their initiative to divest a division of the current company into a separate new entity.
- Work with internal technical and business resources as well as contractors and other Residents.
- Create detailed project plan & manage to the plan, ensuring successful timely project completion.
- Serve as the liaison to Management on all non-technical aspects of the project.
- Host daily\weekly meetings to ensure task completion & track status.
- Collaborate with the appropriate technical teams\individuals.
- Perform tasks related to managing the project.
- Resident may be required to travel to the new DataCenter Co-Location facility.
What you need to join:
- At least 7 years of Project Management experience.
- Experience managing Data center migrations, moves or upgrades.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion on time and on budget.
- Possess a strong understanding of DataCenter Infrastructure, including technology interactions and dependencies.
- Project Management experience developing or supporting technology in a large scale enterprise environment.
- Be a strong team player
- Show flexibility under changing conditions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Insight helps Fortune 500 and mid-tier enterprises transform their data centers to meet tomorrow’s IT challenges today. From recommending ways to bridge the gap between IT and user expectations, to implementing advanced technologies like ITaaS and cloud, to providing robust managed services and technical support, we make IT relevant – standardizing, optimizing, and managing how business gets done.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at .
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked .#417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, .#12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked .#23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and .#5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today’s talent leads tomorrow’s success. Learn about careers at Insight: .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Chicago || Illinois (US-IL) || United States (US) || None || None || US – Chicago, IL ||
Insight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law