Sr HR Generalist DC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
We?re passionate about bringing the love of baking and decorating to everyone, everywhere, every day.
Our message is simple ? we know you love baking (because we do, too) and we?re constantly evolving to bring you quality products that make baking and decorating fun and easy. We?re not just for the decorators of wow-worthy cakes, we?re for cupcake makers and cookie bakers who love to say, ?I made that!??
Wilton Brands LLC (?Wilton?) is owned by Dr. August Oetker KG, a privately held company based in Germany. Dr. Oetker is a global leader in the food and beverage industries.?Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
The Sr. HR Generalist will collaborate with the People team and management to identify employee needs and execute people strategies that strengthen the Wilton Brands? culture and drive employee engagement within the Distribution Center environment (3-shift operation).? The key areas of focus will be employee relations, performance management, streamlining processes, coaching, recruiting, compensation, and driving change management initiatives.?? This position reports to the VP People & Culture and will support the two Romeoville Distribution Centers.
- Proactively partner with Distribution employees and managers to respond to matters related to questions regarding employee relations, compensation and policy interpretation.
- Partner with management and talent acquisition to complete workforce planning; identify short- and long-term staffing needs; participate in the interview process and conduct full cycle recruiting when needed and partner with the temporary agencies to ensure staffing levels are being met.
- Support the company?s compensation practices including the annual merit process; guide management on compensation related decisions and benchmarking
- Drive the performance management process ensuring all employees receive timely performance feedback at all stages of the annual cycle
- Partner with management on promoting health and safety within the workplace
- Oversee and manage the workers? compensation issues within the workplace
- Assist management with the annual engagement survey process including communicating results and developing functional action plans
- Assist in administration of the annual succession planning process including ownership of follow up actions
- Provide guidance to management and employees on state and federal guidelines regarding FMLA, FSLA and other workplace laws and People compliance issues as needed
- Aid in enterprise People initiatives and projects
- Conduct orientation and onboarding process with new hires
Education and Experience:
- Distribution experience is required
- 3-5 + years of proven HR experience, with at least three years being in an HR generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- General knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to employment practices and the Company?s compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Experience working with an HRIS system (ADP, SAP SuccessFactors etc.)
- Ability to travel to the corporate office as necessary (Naperville, IL)
- Will be necessary to flex work hours to accommodate 3-shift operation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Professionalism and maturity
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees