*IT Project Manager IV - 9288 (1026094)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
CHICAGO, IL 60601
Please contact APEX at 773.824.1032 for more information on this IT Project Manager role supporting our Airline client in Chicago, IL
Description: * The Network Operations IT team builds critical applications and backend services which drive the operations at our airline
- The NOC IT technology team is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to join the team.
- The successful candidate will be a key member of the Technology team, which is responsible for driving high-visibility, strategic large cross functional programs that that directly impact the employee experience
- The ideal candidate will have a Software development background as well as Project/Program management experience and will own and execute complex projects and drive key operational process improvement activities
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment, with the ability to drive the programs strategy and roadmap, collaborate with business and development teams across the company to analyze the cost/benefit of project selection, and manage all aspects of the project execution
- Proven ability to influence change at all levels as appropriate, by Interacting with cross-disciplinary technical and non-technical teams in order to design new business processes and technical solutions
- Decision Making/ Complex Problem Solving- proactively gather the right data from appropriate sources, probe/consider all of the facts, considers other perspectives; conduct root cause analysis; refer to long term plans and goals; priorities key factors; act decisively, promptly and confidently
- Own and swiftly break down impediments that prevent things from moving forward
- Defines functional requirements and specifications, high level processes and system solutions
- Take full responsibility for the progress and launch of the project from design phase to implementation
- Liaise with all departments to ensure relevant areas are engaged in time to develop deliverables within their area to support Project Initiatives
- Develop a working project plan for each new launch to track milestones, deliverables and deadlines
- Liaise closely with technology teams across the world to define and drive the technical changes for new and improvement projects
- 5+ years of experience managing large, cross-functional projects with engineering teams in a technology company settings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Able to discuss examples of driving a project involving 3 or more teams and 20 or more individuals from conception to delivery.
- Released at least two mission critical applications on AWS
- Experience with service oriented architecture and object oriented design
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and scaled Agile principles and practices.
- Experience in the design and coding of Python, Java
- Experience with development for Android/iOS platforms
- Database skills are preferred but not required
- First round phone screen followed by an in-person interview. In person interview required
- Ideal candidate would possess a strong technical aptitude, the ability to quickly understand issues and drive technical decisions, and have experience across large cross functions projects
- Must have strong communication and presentation skill as they will be directing the project on a large scale across multiple business lines
- Possibility for extension based on performance
- Minimal travel could be required (5-10%)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.