Procurement Specialist (1025985)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015
Summary: The main function of a Procurement Specialist is to purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. A typical Procurement Specialist is responsible for buying goods and services for use by their company or organization. A purchasing agent is responsible for the purchase of machinery, equipment, parts, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment.
*Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
*Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
*Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
*Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
*Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
*Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Expert ability to analyze financial reports, price proposals and other technical data.
- Expert ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Expert knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
- Expert knowledge of supply chain management.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related business field required.
- 10+ years finance related experience required.
- CPSM/CPPM/CPP (Certified Professional Supply Management; Certified Professional Purchasing Management; Certified Purchasing Professional) preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.