Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Clerical, Administrative and Business Support
Complete billing process of all individual patient accounts for all Clients contracting services with Professional Billing Services. Payments, actual insurance claim submission, account follow-up for payment, collection of self-pay receivables, and referrals to bad debt.
- High school graduate or its equivalency is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in billing and collections routines, insurance claims processing, and data entry preferred.
- One (1) year experience working with physicians and/or patients on an ongoing basis or its equivalency is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) years of experience or its equivalency with personal computers.
- Minimum of one (1) year of telephone collection experience as a medical debt collector is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required
- Understanding of CPT, ICD-9 or ICD-10 coding, and Medical terminology preferred.
- Understanding of insurance forms UB04, HCFA 1500 and Medicaid forms.
- Understand and interpret Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s).
- Required to use 10-key numeric pad.
- Capable of typing 30-40 wpm preferred.
- Limited physical requirements, primarily sedentary. Will occasionally have to lift small boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Insures the accuracy and validity of the demographic and insurance information.
- Post insurance and/or personal payments as well as adjustments as directed and indicated on EOB’s, balancing input amounts against the control totals for the individual accounts upon completion of entry.
- Processes and complete daily deposits prior to 2:00 pm daily.
- Review and process all health insurance claims received daily.
- Provide insurance forms to patients when requested.
- Researches unpaid Insurance claims and follow-up for reasons of non-payment.
- Establish payment arrangements in line with the guidelines established.
- Respond to patient inquires made by telephone or in writing.
- Review credit balances on accounts and take appropriate action including initiating refunds, correcting adjustments or transferring balance to correct account.
- Research and correct edits or errors in claim scrubber system.
- Respond to Client inquiries concerning accounts via telephone or e-mail.
- Demonstrate a professional behavior and provide Excellent Customer Service at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.