Security Officer - Flex - CPO
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Morris, IL 60450
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT “JOBS” TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
Armed Custom Protection Officers Willing to Work Flexible Schedules Needed!
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Armed Custom Protection Flex Officer. As an Armed Custom Protection Flex Officer, you will conduct armed and unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior), control access and egress, Monitor CCTV and alarm systems, compose reports, deter criminal activity and misconduct, and perform other duties as specified in post orders.
This position will be on call and report as needed for call offs/ vacation leaves/ extra coverage requests. This position will travel as needed. You must be available to work armed as well as unarmed posts.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle as well as post/site inspections
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitor entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities. Maintain written logs as required by the post
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Train at multiple sites to fill in as needed for call offs/vacations/extra coverage requests for both armed and unarmed work as needed and conduct post/site inspections as needed
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within three (3) months from hire, a valid Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID)
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, an Illinois PERC (Permanent Employee Registration Card)
- Must possess a current and valid Illinois driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Must possess one or more of the following:Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be available to work flexible schedules, on call as needed at various sites
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and / or console monitors
- Demonstrate ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing, traveling
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
Number Of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 2019-12-13
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace