Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Warrenville, IL 60555
Warrenville, IL •
ID: 45997 •
The Network Engineer will provide network engineering operational support and development for a broad range of network systems and environment including the full system engineering lifecycle, and requirements analysis: configure, test, evaluation, maintain, integration, test, and install. This individual will primarily be focused on network and security technologies operational support and projects that impact cross-functional aspects of the enterprise. This position will also require the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of current and emerging networking security technologies, products and services to take RR Donnelley to the next level in meeting and advancing business and financial goals.
- Implementing and supporting network engineering solutions of organization’s LAN, WAN, WLAN, Cloud and Network Security focused infrastructure projects. Projects include coordinating the configuring, implementing and troubleshooting multi-vendor network security devices, cabling systems, intelligent hubs, bridges, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection, web content filters, VPN (client & net-to-net), network acceleration devices and other network related instrumentation.
- Providing network support in the design, integration, and deployment and troubleshooting of enterprise implementations.
- Providing Incident troubleshooting on network and security technology related issues (Severity 1-3) as assigned on any shift within a 24×7 shift period.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network engineers on network optimization.
- Facilitating team’s service and infrastructure requests (ISRs/IPRs) on daily basis. Ensuring completion and proper adherence to our standards and practices.
- Preparing, maintaining and creation of network documentation (diagram, process, standard operating procedures) and administration of network systems.
- Participating in on-call Tier 2 production support activities based upon documented support procedures.
- Participating as a team member on network and security development enterprise projects.
- Pro-actively seeks out on the job training or educational opportunities from senior resources to increase both technical and professional skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of 3-5+ years of network engineering – experience and 3-5+ years experience in; Cisco routing, switching, accelerators, and firewall, load balancers, VPN, network protocols and topologies; network security and overall system integration. .
- Highly motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently on multiple complex and sometimes ambiguous problems.
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.