Managed Services Mainframe IDMS DBA Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62701
The primary purpose of this position is to administer mainframe IDMS software. This position will also involve working with customer developers to plan for application related installation and upgrade activities as well as new customer project transitions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensures system improvements and/or modifications are implemented
· Provides technical assistance regarding Disaster Recovery exercises and Business Continuity Processes
· Develops, enhances, and supports technical approaches that allow audits and scalable implementations of large, complex mainframe environments
· Identifies and resolves performance issues
· Facilitates project planning efforts by establishing and meeting work estimates, target dates, milestones and schedules
· Participates in ongoing development and improvement of installation standards
· Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
· Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and change orders providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
· Provides team members with technical training and/or mentoring
Basic Qualifications -
+ Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
+ At least five (5) years Information Technology work experience, to include experience within each of the following areas:
+ Performing IDMS DBA management functions (work with developers on system changes, refreshes of data, monitoring backups and administration management)
+ Provide primary support for reported problems related to IDMS and related IDMS OEM software products
+ Fulfill service requests (SRs) for mainframe z/OS customers as they pertain to IDMS.
Other Position Requirements -
+ Demonstrated ability to work with development teams, evaluate requests and ensure the best solution is applied in a managed services environment.
+ Demonstrated ability to transition customers to ensure all technical issues are addressed to reach expected progress of transition date
+ Demonstrated ability to execute tasks associated with any customer’s disaster recovery plans
+ Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
· Knowledge of assembler
Data Privacy and Security:
+ All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
+ Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position’s responsibilities may require visiting customer sites to obtain technical information from the customer’s existing support team and, as such, requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers during the initial portion of their transition to becoming a Managed Services customer.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.