Adjunct Faculty - Psychology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
- ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – PSYCHOLOGY *
- DALEY COLLEGE *
- > Daley College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty to teach Psychology during the Spring semester. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- * Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- * Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- * Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- * Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- * Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- * Master’s in Psychology or Master’s in Clinical Psychology.
- * Knowledge of D2L System, preferred
- * Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- * Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
- > To Apply, please submit the following:
- * Cover letter
- * Resume or curriculum vitae
- * Unofficial transcripts
- Note: Official transcripts must be provided if hired.
- We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. *
- Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
Primary Location: Daley College
Job Posting: Nov 11, 2019, 4:07:19 PM
Req ID: DAL0001029
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: N/A