Ocean Pricing Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wood Dale, IL 60191
The leader of our Ocean Pricing Execution team will be responsible for the people management and overall performance of the ocean pricing shared service. Pricing opportunities range from transactional quotes to large, complex global RFQs. This position will also be the key pricing liaison to the ocean product and procurement teams around the globe.
- Manage the performance and results of a team of pricing analysts in North America with the intention of pricing at market levels to win
- Establish, negotiate, and execute processes and service level agreements with the branch network that meet the pricing needs of commercial resources and enforce compliance to company policies and relevant regulations
- Collaborate with teams around the globe to continuously improve processes, build tools, and share best practice for pricing
- Develop and mentor team members on an ongoing basis in accordance with our performance management process
- Work closely with global gateways and network offices to identify and capitalize on strengths/overcome weaknesses in terms of pricing and service compared to our competition
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years global forwarding operations, sales, or ocean product experience
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience
- Pricing experience
- C.H. Robinson branch network experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Advanced MS Excel and data/rate management skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and multi-tasking skills, including excellent project and meeting management
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson – Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran