Respiratory Therapist Home Care
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Peoria, IL 61603
The Respiratory Therapist (RT) in OSF Home Medical Equipment is responsible for a scope of care that encompasses all ages from infancy through geriatric. The RT utilizes physiological, psychological and spiritual knowledge to care for a variety of patients and their significant others and recognizes the direct relationship between cost effective and efficient provision of care and services to ensure positive outcomes of care. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Collaborates with other member of healthcare team. Accountability to the HME Respiratory Care Clinical Manager in relation to the utilization practices and in relation to regulatory and compliance standards.
- Currently licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the state(s) in which they are practicing.
- Provides own auto insurance and abides by all laws, rules and recommendations for safe driving while on duty.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license.
- Must have certification in CPR prior to patient contact.
- 1 year recent experience required; home care experience preferred.
- Expected to take night and weekend calls, and make home visits to patients during the evening, night, weekend and/or holiday hours as required.
- Responsible for taking on-call on a rotating basis.
- Must be able to use and operate medical equipment, including Point of Care devices.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and execute own workload.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Affirmative Action. Contractor and Subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.01, 60-300.5(a), 60-741.5(a), and 61-300.10. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based upon their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.