Production Team Leader
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Joliet, IL 60436
Join Ecolab at our Joliet, IL facility as a professional-level manufacturing Production Team Leader where you will be part of an exciting Operations and TPM transformation as we implement TPM Pillars. We are seeking a coach / leader with experience in food, beverage or chemical production who enjoys developing people and seeing them grow in their careers.
Gain recognition for your ability to form a winning team and act quickly to troubleshoot quality/manufacturing problems, manage projects and drive results in more complex manufacturing areas. Take pride in the products that you make, knowing that you are making the world a cleaner, safer place for you, your family, your community and the country. Expect to support in your development and the opportunity to progress to higher levels in your role.
What’s in it For You:
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Career growth, opportunity, do best work while doing good
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- As our Production Supervisor there is never a dull moment – you will face new production challenges every day on the manufacturing floor, leading a team of Operators and material handlers, making strategic decisions, which will determine whether you meet production goals by the end of the shift and how you will do so without compromising the safety of your employees or the quality customers require.
- Rely on operator wisdom and experience to guide you in finding solutions to immediately solve problems and long-term changes to enhance safety, quality and productivity. Work with the Lean Manager and a cross functional team to achieve cultural transformation.
- Mentor others early in their manufacturing career, helping them understand team dynamics in manufacturing and how to lead seasoned employees effectively, to ensure that your shift exceeds metric targets.
- Act as a change agent and champion change initiatives and continuous improvement efforts, driving the TPM cultural transformation to high performing work teams
The Production Team Leader will work at our Joliet plant: 3001 Channahon Road, Joliet, Illinois, 60436. Joliet is Ecolab’s largest manufacturing facility. It is a union plant with more than 400 employees that runs 24/7 to make all the products Ecolab produces for North American markets. This is a day shift position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years experience setting metrics, supervising and leading cross-functional teams in a manufacturing setting
- 3 years previous leadership and/or supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related science
- 3+ years experience in a food, chemical, beverage or related batch manufacturing environment
- 3+ years manufacturing experience
- 3+ years previous supervisory experience
- 2+ years’ experience applying TPM in a lean manufacturing environment
Own your future. Impact What Matters.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.