Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, IL 62521
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee portfolio of farm accounts.
- Secure farm management agreements.
- Determine goals of farmland owners.
- Develop/maintain farm lease agreements with qualified farm operators.
- Make site visits to properties for purpose of evaluating operation, dictating reports to communicate with clients.
- Review periodic financial reports for submission to clients as requested.
- Communicate with clients as necessary for approval, recommendations to owners, reporting, and updates.
- Distribute funds from accounts as requested and desired by clients.
- Meet, on average, three times per year with farm tenant to discuss items related to various farming operations, such as financial settlements between owner account and tenants, farm lease renewal/termination, and crop planning, including discussion of things such as land maintenance, building care and oversight, drainage and drainage district issues, fertility, tillage and cultural practices, chemical selection, crop rotation, hybrid and variety selection, soil testing, material application methods, government farm program issues.
- Attend continuing education seminars as required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Accounting principles
- Analyze assignments based on a wide knowledge of many factors where application of advanced or technical concepts are required
- Maintain visual attention and mental concentration for extended periods of time
- Perform duties and make decisions under frequent time pressures
- Requires Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an agricultural-related field.
- Professional licensing and accreditation is required (if unlicensed and/or unaccredited upon hire, new farm managers will pursue both in a timely manner).
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability