Instrument Sales Specialist - Material Characteriz
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
The Instrument Sales Specialist in our Material Characterization group is responsible for the sale of thermal analysis and dynamic vapor sorption instruments and supplies to end users in Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. The Instrument Sales Specialist is the primary company representative and maintain the highest level of integrity plus customer relations and service while achieving the desired goals established by management. On-site customer product demonstrations, training and installations, and technical support are required.
- Aggressively grow and achieve the annual sales target in both revenue and units.
- Identify and develop present and future key accounts in an assigned territory and maintain customer database.
- Continuously promote other divisions by finding leads for other products and services and meet with local reps from other divisions to discuss business opportunities.
- Fully develop current product knowledge capabilities, applications, product justification, in order to be recognized as the expert in the field. Complete technical and sales training at direction of management.
- Maintain CRM customer relationship management database on a daily basis.
- Follow up and process all leads received in the 24 hour timeframe required
- Up to 50% overnight travel
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelors’s degree with a technical major or equivalent preferred, or related job experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer Service and/or sales experience desirable.
- SAP knowledge/experience would be nice.
Our Offer to You
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other perks and discounts
- Parental and caregiver leave policies
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
About Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world’s laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh – from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Equal Opportunity Employment
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please clickhere.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
Job Reference .#
Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.