Project Manager, Commercial Functions
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60654
Based on experience and credentials
Chicago – USA Description
Reporting to the IT Business Partner, you will be responsible for:
- Managing small to medium complexity projects and upholding the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management.
- Contributing to transforming Dyson IT into a strategic function by ensuring projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Creating exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider IT Roadmap governance).
- Working to accelerate the wider Dyson business by managing changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
Enabling the growth and success of Dyson by working with team managers to produce checkpoint reports and project highlight reports, upholding the IT project management methodology, looking for improvements to discuss with the Programme Manager.
- As part of Dyson IT’s Business Partner led approach, tracking and measuring business case realisation in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Supporting Dyson IT to lower its cost to serve and be cost effective in every way by creating quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders and creating detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Programme Manager.
- At least 5 years’ experience of IT project management, ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations.
- Experience of Customer Experience, Sales, and Marketing projects in large scale
- Experience in working with complex environments where SAP ECC is the ERP running core business, but also significant integrations to external systems
- A proven record in delivery.
- Good knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering medium sized projects with budgets in excess of $500k
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organisations and locations.
- Business change management / communication planning.
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Experience in running Commercial related projects
- Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
- Budget management and financial reporting.
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections.
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Posted: 10 October 2019
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities