Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60630
We are currently seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee the building and machine maintenance at our 190,000 square foot Chicago location. The 24/7 facility houses stamping, molding, machining, and assembly operations. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for safety/security, building maintenance, HVAC, janitorial, and machine maintenance while supervising a department of six maintenance employees.
• Maintain the physical plant to comply with all local and national safety and fire codes.
• Monitor, maintain and test fire sprinkler systems throughout the plant.
• Select, purchase, install and maintain infrastructure to support 24/7 production operations, including HVAC, compressed air, chilled water, city water, gas and electric utilities
• Interact with local emergency management organizations to plan and execute safety drills, arrange safe storage areas, and otherwise comply with building requirements.
• Participate in teams to reduce energy usage and water consumption.
• Submit purchase requisitions for all materials needed to maintain uptime goals in production.
• Supervise a team of maintenance mechanics to support production goals.
• Participate in teams to rearrange and activate new work cell layouts in the factory.
• Oversee the security system for employees, vehicles, parking areas, and building.
• Arrange and oversee external maintenance services, such as landscaping, snow removal, roofing, painting, brickwork, electrical, etc.
1. High school graduation or GED or equivalent required
2. Ability to read and interpret building drawings is required
3. 5 years minimum of equipment maintenance experience in a factory setting required
4. Experience as a maintenance manager or facilities manager preferred
5. Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred
6. Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
7. English language skills required
8. Knowledge of HVAC, boiler maintenance, and fire suppression systems preferred
9. Knowledge of programming various PLC’s through HMI’s is preferred
10. Previous experience in electrical work preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.