Echocardiography Technician - Full-time, Days (Winfield, IL)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Winfield, IL 60190
The echocardiography technician performs inpatient and outpatient echocardiography procedures as ordered by a physician. These echo procedures include: 2-D, M-Mode echocardiography,pulsed, continuous wave, color and tissue doppler procedures on the adult, pediatric and neonatal patient population. Assists with stress echocardiography and transesophageal echo procedures. All functions of this role shall be performed within the guidelines of the department and hospital policies. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- 1 year pediatric echocardiography experience
- Ability to demonstrate imaging skills
- Computer application aptitude
- Must be flexible to scheduling changes including scheduled overtime, weekend, holiday and on call hours
- Excellent customer service skills
- 3 years experience preferred
- Experience in telemedicine, transmissions preferred
- Associate’s degree with one year relevant experience or graduate from accredited cardiac ultrasound program
- Registered ARMS adult sonographer
- Non registered pediatric sonographer
- CERT BLS
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0062082
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.