Supv, CRES Operations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Forest, IL 60045
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Member of the CRES leadership team supporting the management of the company’s Real Estate Portfolio, comprised of 600 buildings.
Primarily responsible for leadership and supervision of administrative personnel in the completion of PO’s, routing / facilitation of CARs, and asset data management. This role is also responsible for developing and documenting key procedures and will identify opportunities for increased collaboration, cost savings, and process improvement. He/she will develop KPIs and monitor workflow and performance daily/weekly to ensure a high level of service and quality results for the organization.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise / track / measure:The creation of PO’s, CARs, internal consumption and other types of payments related to operational expenses and capital spend for Corporate, Call Center, DC and Branch facilities
Documentation and organization of financial and asset data in support of CRES data strategy and reporting needs
- Develop and execute a strategic vision that connects customer requirements and experiences to operations and achieves desired results.
- Create and manage reporting tools to measure productivity, quality, and service levels
- Streamline and document procedures and workflows related to the above activities
- Provide purpose and direction as supervisory support to employees including balancing team capacity / output by scheduling work assignments and priorities, and cross training
- Develop and motivate team members to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership in support of finance transformation objectives to drive a cultural shift focused on our operating principles and talent tenets
Preferred Education & Experience:
BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
5-7 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required with a major in Operations, Facilities Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance or related fields preferred
- Master’s degree and/or additional certification in CI/LEAN/Six-Sigma and/or IFMA credentials are desirable.
- CI, LEAN, Six-Sigma, Change Management or Project Management experience desirable
- Proficient understanding of accounting principles and financial management.
- Forward thinking and proactive approach to identifying critical issues, implementing best practices, and developing processes.
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance, building systems, methods, practices, and project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal, proactive and conflict resolution skills are required
- Budgeting and planning experience.
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with multiple levels of the organization
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision, highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to design and build new processes
- Ability to create and analyze reporting
- Ability to travel locally within the Chicago land area. Must have the ability to travel to other out of state locations if needed.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.