Corporate Counsel / Senior Corporate Counsel - Commercial
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
The Salesforce Legal Team delivers innovative, trusted and world-class legal services to advance and protect Salesforce’s interests while creating a fulfilling work environment for our Legal family.
The Corporate Counsel will play a key role in supporting salesforce.com’s U.S. Sales and Professional Services organizations in structuring commercial transactions, and drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Negotiate and draft master subscription agreements, professional services agreements and other types of agreements with customers in support of U.S. Sales and Professional Services organizations
- Partner with revenue recognition, sales operations, technology operations, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Partner with Sales and other internal business constituents throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customer success and protection of salesforce.com
- Undergraduate degree and a law degree from highly regarded schools
- 7+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department including experience negotiating and drafting technology license/Internet service agreements and professional services agreements
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, technical concepts in Web applications
- Sound and practical business judgment
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Substantive expertise in intellectual property law
- Substantial experience in supporting sales departments as an internal client
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Employer’s Job# JR53033
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.