Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
Objective of Position
Work in a team where hard work is rewarded. Where you make a real difference. Where you are valued by your team. At Byline, we believe in focusing on the Things That Matter, which is why we obsess about our customers, strive for excellence in every experience, collaborate and build the best team possible and strive to be the bank that our customers deserve. With over 60 branches across Chicagoland and Milwaukee, and offices throughout the nation – we are the largest community bank in Chicago.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. This full time position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as an opportunity to grow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for key Finance technical areas, which could include, but not limited to, loan and lease disclosures, acquisition accounting, investments, and financial reporting
- Support the month-end close activities including preparing journal entries, completing account reconciliations, and preparing and analyzing data reports
- Review, prepare and analyze accounting transactions, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and provide variance explanations for both internal and external analysis
- Assist with preparation of schedules to support U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Regulatory reporting, and internal reporting functions
- Comply with, and assist in updating, interpreting and implementing accounting and bank policies and procedures
- Review and investigate inconsistencies in journal entries, documents, and financial reports
- Effectively communicate and work closely with business partners and other bank departments, internal audit and/or external parties
- Provide support for ad hoc projects as needed
- Commitment to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Provide guidance to and mentor staff positions, as needed
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- 3-7 years of general accounting experience, public accounting and/or banking experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA strongly preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Solid knowledge of accounting standards, processes, reporting and systems. Familiarity with Prologue, and/or FIS is advantageous
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with outstanding communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Strong technical and analytical skills required
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©
Byline Bank is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, gender, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.