Sr Manager IT Product
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for the full lifecycle management of an IT product on Project Keystone (i.e., for one of the more complex products on HCSC’s largest IT transformation initiative), from strategic planning to tactical activities, specifying requirements for current and future products; leading ideation, technical development, and launch of new IT products/features; establishing a shared vision with business unit stakeholders by gaining alignment on priorities and product execution; managing application suite of 3-5 projects (integrating to other mature products/applications) per year. Project Keystone is a multi-year global initiative involving hundreds of IT professionals from 4 companies in 5 cities (including in both the US & India), developing the next generation claims adjudication capabilities for over 14 million members.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- 3 years management experience
- Experience in application development platforms and/or languages (HTML 5/Java/Spring Boot/Angular/IBM ODM).
- Experience in cloud computing (PCF / Azure).
- Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment and/or integration process & tools, monitoring (Jenkins/GitHub/Jira/New Relic/Dynatrace).
- Experience in integration technologies (Mulesoft ESB/IBM MQ).
- Experience in iterative, agile, and/or scrum development (Extreme Programming or Scaled Agile, a plus)
- Experience in knowledge of product-specific application architecture (micro-services)
- Experience in solution architecture.
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems.
- Application domain knowledge (preference in HealthCare, specifically accumulations)
- Program and/or project management.
- Ability to influence.
- Ability to prioritize and make cross-functional trade-off decisions.
- Adaptability and/or ability to manage change.
- Creative thinking.
- Effectively leads teams & people.
- Problem solving / analytical thinking / self-aware / continuous learner, including soft skills development
- Teamwork and collaboration in a fast-paced & demanding environment (global product development, a plus)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.