Regional HR Manager - J3T03K6BGZH9MDDFRLP
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mokena, IL 60448
Develops, implements, and coordinates policies and programs within a territory consistent with policy guidelines established by corporate executive management, covering several of the following: talent/performance management, employment, employee/labor relations, wage and salary administration, orientation and training, placement, safety and health, benefits and employee services. Supports a territory generally consisting of multiple regions, with approximately 30 branches and distributed associate populations greater than 700.
- Investigates associate complaints and concerns
- Collaborates with Associate Relations to investigate and resolve external charges, audits and inquiries
- Analyzes HR statistics including turnover, associate/customer retention, and compliance
- Collaborates with branch management to facilitate periodic talent reviews and workforce planning
- Attends branch management and field operations meetings or seminars
- Participates in corporate projects and teams related to HR initiatives
- Advises branch management regarding company policies, procedures and employment laws and assists with decisions which support positive employee relations
- Coordinates the annual performance review and merit process within assigned business unit
- Facilitates HR-related training within branches
- Facilitates talent/succession planning meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field and 7 years of human resources generalist and/or employee/labor relations experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of management experience preferred
- HR certification (PHR/SPHR) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of HR principles and practices
- Knowledge of labor and employment law
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to travel overnight on a frequent basis 60% travel
- Collaborative/influencing skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.