Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pinckneyville, IL 62274
Work Location: Pinckneyville, IL
Job Title: Production Supervisor – 3rd Shift
Duration: 12 Months (Temporary/Contract)
Pay Rate: $35 an hour W2Production Supervisor 3rd Shift – Pinckneyville, IL
Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 12-month , long term contract opportunity as aProduction Supervisor 3rd Shift for a top fortune 500 company in Pinckneyville, IL .
Schedule: 11:00 PM-7:00 AM, SATURDAY-THURSDAYESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Production Supervisor will provide leadership and direction for a work group within the plant. The Group Leader will be responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on time delivery, cost for their respective area. Must work cooperatively with other functional leaders and managers to optimize the entire product line to exceed the needs of the customer and is relentless about continues improvement.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set team goals, assign team members and administratively and technically direct the work of subordinates. Measure, communicate and improve group performance statistics and acting as an agent to support improvement activities that achieve established improvement goals.
• Oversees day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly quarterly and yearly expectations. Lead the Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain production control, establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off-shift management and order shipments.
• Reduce operational costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
• Lead implementation and achievement of long term manufacturing strategies through lean manufacturing principles and processes.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a lean organization.
• Evaluate the Pull Demand, initiate the process within the production system, loop schedules and identify process & changeover improvements. Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow I not currently possible and works to level the workload.
• Ensures the proper application and interpretation of established personnel and safety policies throughout the plant.
• Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
• Demonstrate knowledge about employees within the area and the value of that knowledge when applied to specific solutions to problems, specifically in the area of Time Away from Work.
• Must promote a team environment and must develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets.
• Assure that appropriate equipment is provided, adequately maintained and safely operated.
• Responsible for managing team members, employment decisions and performance assessments of the Product line or work group.
• Counsel employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions if required.
• Lead and facilitate Kaizen Events.
• Allocate the necessary resources to meet external and internal commitments while maintaining budgetary control.SUPERVISION
• Direct reports are hourly associates.
• Extensive interface between Operations, Materials, Engineering, and Management teams. Contact with external customers and vendors.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong supervisor skill set a must including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment.
• Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
• Strong time management skill as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
• Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes necessary.
• Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment.
• SAP business system experiences a plus. Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications a must.
+ As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
+ Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
+ A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
+ Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
+ Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
+ Several employee discounts
+ And more!
Important information: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.