M & A Associate - Oak Brook
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
TricorBraun was founded In 1902 by Samuel Kranzberg in St. Louis as a used-bottle company. Throughout the 100 plus years of service, the company has evolved by successfully acquiring and integrating complementary businesses to become the largest company of its kind.
TricorBraun is now a global packaging leader in plastics, glass and flexible packaging solutions. TricorBraun works with client’s step by step through the design and engineering phases to create custom packaging solutions that are practical, innovative and appealing to our target markets. We lead our industry because we focus on our customers, but success like ours begins with passionate and dedicated team members. Across our organization we have unlimited opportunities for people looking to grow and succeed.
Our Operating Principles
We are working together to build the undisputed global packaging leader. We will achieve this objective through the pursuit of five core operating principles:
1. We exist to serve customers. All team members are here to serve the customer. We deliver exceptional products and services to our customers.
2. We create the best place for the best people. The team with the best players wins.
3. We deliver results. We are committed to delivering results for customers, team members, supply partners and shareholders.
4. We get things done. We keep things simple and do them quickly.
5. We do things the right way, always. Winning only counts if done the right way.
Due to significant growth TricorBraun is seeking a proactive, high-energy M&A associate. You will play an important role in the growth of an established market leader while developing your M&A, finance and general business acumen.
Based out of our Global Support Center in St. Louis, the successful candidate will work directly with our Head of M&A and interact closely with our executive leadership team. The work is fast-paced, demanding, and intellectually stimulating and requires individuals who thrive in that type of environment and are willing to work hard and learn fast.
We are looking for adaptable and intellectually curious candidates with strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Execute transactions in our extensive M&A pipeline
• Conduct diligence, financial modeling and financial statement analytics
• Liaise with legal and tax counsel to structure acquisitions and draft bid letters
• Source and manage relationships with potential M&A targets
• Prepare analyses for our Board, Chairman, CEO and other executives
• Manage our deal and transaction database
• Research various packaging distribution markets for potential growth
• Perform other strategic projects as required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• High level of motivation and commitment to working hard
• Superior analytical, financial modeling, communication and organizational skills
• Experience with legal and tax common to transactions
• Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal oversight.
• Ability to conduct multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines
• High level of focus on work quality and attention to detail
• Expertise with Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Strong understanding of general business practices
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
Career opportunities — We are a stable and growing company offering a product that is widely recognized and useful. That means that across our organization we have plenty of ways to help people who are looking to grow and succeed. If you’ve got the drive to get out there and grab it, you’ll find lots of opportunity here.
Training and development — Our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for your personal development and as a contributor to our firm. That’s why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge, and experiences through formal education, leadership development opportunities, and informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your TricorBraun colleagues.
Stable industry — The packaging industry is a particularly stable one because, no matter how the economy is doing there is always a need for containers to carry consumer products. With our long history, exceptional experience, and wide range of offerings we’re the industry leader in this niche industry.
Strong culture — We strive to create and sustain a great work environment in which we are able to achieve and exceed personal and professional goals. Our people focus on service and consistently drive for results. Our company works and lives by a set of core values which include integrity, service, passion and value add which are the roots of our success.
Industry recognition — TricorBraun has won many national and international packaging awards recognizing excellent design, function, economy and sustainability
Excellent compensation — in addition to a competitive salary we offer comprehensive benefits in medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer match, paid time off plus holidays, insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more.
TricorBraun is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.