Mgr, Internal Audit
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth – from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AG0110 Internal Audit & Controls, Exempt
Finance & Accounting
The Manager, Internal Audit is responsible for execution of the Internal Audit plan under the direction of the VP, Internal Audit with the exception of SOX program management and strict or specialized IT audits. This position contributes to the overall achievement of the Internal Audit Plan by design and execution of the non-SOX projects and assignments with additional focus on fraud awareness and prevention. The incumbent will also be focused on departmental administration, QAR and QAIP programs in conformance of IIA standards, budget administration, key departmental performance tracking and overall departmental internal controls, as well as other departmental priorities.
- Staffs, manages and reports on assigned annual internal audit plan objectives while adhering to the IIA Standards of Audit Practice and Code of Ethics and lead department staff to do the same
- Manages follow-up programs to ensure corrective actions have been taken
- Coordinates with external auditors on audit matters such as planning, scoping, scheduling, testing and remediation
- Responsible for hiring, training, motivating and development of direct reports, also assists in the growth and development of other team members
- Responsible for project managing additional contracted resources as need, including contract compliance and billing administration
- Assists with developing and conducting fraud awareness and prevention programs for business process owners related to process risks and operational risks for fraud
- Assists the VP, Internal Audit in ensuring that CF Industries, subsidiaries, and reporting units adhere to proper internal control practices including compliance with COSO guidelines and CF Industries policies and procedures and makes recommendations for changes as appropriate
- Assists with management of audit universe and risk assessment process; identifies key risks and controls, controls optimization around financial reporting, operations, strategy and business process
- Reports as needed to VP, Internal Audit regarding project status and internal control weaknesses and reports to management on changes in key auditing principles and participates in the development of general and specific reviews
- Manages and works with various CF management personnel to periodically test controls and ensures that internal controls are put in place to monitor business processes as they are developed or changed
- Negotiates changes in a regulated environment, overcoming predecessor practice dependencies
- Serves as field supervisor to the auditor and project management in audit and non-audit assigned projects
- Assists in the administration of the department, including budget management, contract management for co-source partner, quality assessment programs, key departmental performance tracking and overall departmental internal controls
Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements. Ensures that established processes and procedures are followed as designed. Works with Internal Audit Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent in the required field; MBA or a master’s degree in the field desirable
- Minimum of ten to twelve (10-12) years’ experience in internal audit, public accounting or equivalent experience with team development and QAR experience
- Manufacturing experience required; process manufacturing experience preferred
- Certification required; CPA or CIA preferred
- Exceptional communication and people skills, both verbal and written, with personnel at all levels of the organization and ability to effectively negotiate conflict or adversarial situations and maintain a customer services and a “win-win” focus
- Ability to demonstrate solid reasoning skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions with value-added recommendations
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines, work independently and at times autonomously
- Experience directing, supervising, and reviewing work of others is required.
- Strong understanding of electronic internal audit software and data analytics tools (ACL) required.
- Advanced training or experience in compliance, accounting, project management or computer sciences desired.
- Must be able to proficiently use computer technology in completing reviews.
Contacts will include management personnel at the corporate office, plants and contractors. Incumbent will conduct closing meetings and present audit findings to management, including vice presidents, and will also interact with officers and/or owners of contractors. Incumbent with improve the internal control environment through improved education, process recommendations or advice. Incumbent will produce recommendations with regard to improved internal control resulting in cost-savings to the company, in keeping with compliance with policies, laws and regulations. Travel will be approximately 20%, some international travel may be required.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal"EEO is the Law" poster (PDF)and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at .
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities