Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Forest, IL 60035
Connection has an excellent full time, permanent position available through our managed services division in Lake Forest, IL. We are looking for two Server Support Technicians to provide excellent troubleshooting and repair to our client’s servers on two different shifts.
- A generous PTO package — up to 15 days a year plus 7 paid holidays.
- 401k matching program, and a company stock option program.
- Full health, dental and other benefits as well.
- Someone who knows his or her way around a Windows Server?
- A+ Certified?
- Comfortable in a server and data center environment?
IF SO, PLEASE READ ON!
Shift 1: M-Friday; 7:00am-4:00pm CST
Shift 2: M-Friday; 10:00am-7:00pm CST
- Perform hardware installs, racking and configuring of server and data center infrastructure.
- Identify and help create process improvements relevant to the data center environment
- Perform scheduled server builds, rebuilds, moves and decomms as required
- Perform Level 1 and 2 Windows Serve Support from time to time
- Break fix and troubleshoot HP and some Cisco hardware.
- Willingness to travel to other Chicagoland customers data centers.
- A+ Certification is a minimum requirement along with 2+ years of IT experience.
- Server+ and HPE Foundations Certification a plus but required to complete upon 90 days of employment.
- Previous experience working with physical servers — troubleshooting, physical repair, etc.
- Solid networking skills is a plus — in particular reading and understanding network / cabling diagrams and floorplans.
- Able to lift / move up to 50lbs from time to time.
- Open to filling in time and being flexible with shift coverage (this is a 24/7 environment).
- Must be willing to travel in own vehicle to other sites in the Chicagoland area — mileage reimbursement when travelling from more than one site in a single shift.
Other Helpful Skills:
- Basic low voltage cable testing procedures
- Infrastructure cable and wire management
- Experience in Service Now ® (IT Service Management) tool a plus
- Proficient in using Office 365 (Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams) a must
- Experience with the following hardware platforms: HP Proliant Servers / Blades, Cisco UCS Servers / Blades.
HR Use Only