Technical Architect (AEM)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
We are looking to grow our team! This is a superb opportunity to be part of a growing team that provides consulting services for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) products and solutions (CQ and Scene7 technologies)! AEM helps customers organize and own the delivery of creative assets and other content across digital marketing channels, including web, mobile, email, social media, and video. The AEM consulting team is responsible for providing expert skills in the implementation of the Adobe AEM solution offering as well as integrating complementary Adobe enterprise solutions and collaborating with clients’ existing IT infrastructure.
Adobe Consulting engagements involve full life-cycle project delivery, in-depth product and technical consulting, and mentoring and knowledge transfer customers. This includes facilitation of technical requirements gathering, performing solution and application design, and development, testing and installation of Adobe software as required by the project.
This role is a field-based job and consultants are encouraged to be on Customer site for extended periods of time.
- Be a recognized authority (by clients, partners and colleagues) in AEM software based solutions & technologies.
- Deliver high quality consulting services to our growing client base and lead ambassadorship in our client relationships.
- Lead consulting representation in business development and sales activities, often defining initial architectural approaches and identifying potential challenges and associated solutions; be a sought out participant by sales.
- Work closely with engagement managers to scope and estimate opportunities as well as identify overall project approaches, activities and execution details.
- Provide mentorship to the team, from new hire on-boarding to complex implementation issues.
- Lead the team in identifying, capturing and distributing knowledge and standards and methodologies with clients, partners and colleagues via direct interaction and Adobe communities.
- Diagnose the client’s technical environment and how they use Adobe technology in order to deliver the best, focused advice, and ensuring this information gets stored in Adobe’s client data center.
- Efficiently multi-task, working across multiple client engagements at the same time as well as key internal initiatives.
- Play a key role as a change agent in pursuit of constant tuning and improvement of our team.
- Effectively analyze complex project issues, identify the possible solution options, and facilitate the presentation and review of the options and our recommended solution with the client.
- Actively maintain the highest level of technical expertise by knowing the latest Adobe technologies through internally and externally available learning opportunities and self-study.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively and regularly (up to 50%) within the US with possible travel overseas at times.
- 7-10 years’ experience in the Web and/or ECMS technologies
- 6-8 years of direct client consulting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as customer relationship building skills.
- Articulate technical solutions and how they can tackle client business problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adapt to and effectively work with a variety of clients and in challenging situations, employing strong facilitation skills and establishing credibility and trust quickly.
- Work effectively with sales teams and understand the dynamics of the sales process.
- Conceptually understand business requirements and translate them into architecture, design and development activities for our most complex and large Web based solutions.
- Desire to help build and strengthen a team like environment and to mentor and guide others in areas of your expertise both formally, as part of engagements, and informally.
- Provide input and leadership in estimating and other delivery process activities and execute engagements following the Agile methodology including SCRUM.
- Debugging and appropriate debugging tools usage skills in general TCP/IP networking, UNIX Operating system, HTTP protocol and request processing, SMTP, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one of the current SQL dialects.
- Proven proficiency in integration technologies and techniques
- Proficiency in HTML, DHTML, CSS, etc.
- Proficiency in XML and related technologies, e.g. definition and interpretation of DTDs, supporting architectures etc., preferably also including XSLT, extended DTD know how, XML dialects such as SOAP, WML, ICE, etc.
- Administration and debugging of Web servers, e.g. Apache.
- Proficiency of Object-Oriented Programming Methodology & Practice, ideally with designing and programming of applications using Object Oriented Programming Methodology utilizing Java language constructs.
- Proficiency in development of Java Server Pages and related technologies (Taglibs, EJBs, JavaBeans and Java per se).
- Understanding, installation and administration of Tomcat Servlet Engine or any commercial Application Server and the usage of respective technologies (Java Servlet, Java Server Pages).
- Optimizing web solutions and architecting to accommodate performance requirements.
- Knowledge in the Sling or OSGi frameworks, JCR API, RESTful principles or ExtJS framework, Dispatcher or CDNs a plus.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on . You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe’s the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the and explore the meaningful we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.