Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Rosalind Franklin University Health Clinics welcome applications for a full-time Clinical Therapist. The Clinical Therapist will provide initial intake for patients into the outpatient Behavioral Health Center. Rosalind Franklin University Health Clinics (RFUHC), a subsidiary of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, is home to three medical centers in Lake County, IL: the Scholl Foot & Ankle Center in North Chicago), the Behavioral Health Center and the Reproductive Medicine Center in Vernon Hills, IL. RFUHC combines compassionate care with state-of-the-art science to provide patients with the highest quality medical services. The physicians of RFUHC are innovators in their fields, offering patients access to the latest discoveries in podiatry, behavioral health, and reproductive medicine.
The Clinical Therapist will provide clinical service at two sites: the outpatient Behavioral Health Center in Vernon Hills, IL and a university counseling center at Student Counseling Service in North Chicago, IL.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing therapy to general outpatient clients and perform crisis intervention services as needed;
- Provide counseling to individuals, groups, couples, and families presenting for therapeutic treatment at the Behavioral Health Center.
- Perform clinical diagnosis as reflected in the DSM-5, and provide outreach and psychoeducational programs to the University community.
- Complete all documentation including intake assessments and progress notes, and maintain compliance with the policies and procedures of the facility and state licensing requirements.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of doctors, and outside treatment professionals
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree (M.A., M.S.,M.S.W) from an accredited college or university
- Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in the State of Illinois is required.
- Must achieve a background check and drug screening clearance.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Successful candidates must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have strong customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity;
- Must possess strong work ethic and high level integrity;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, telephone and email communications skills.
- Experience working with children, adolescents, and young adult populations
- Experience in the provision of psychological services within an outpatient community setting.
- University counseling center experience.
- Training and/or certification in therapies for a child population.
- DBT and or EMDR certification or specific training.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.