ESS Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
The E-Discovery Services & Strategy (ESS) Project Manager supports Perkins’ legal teams and their clients in the strategic application of litigation support technologies. This position works with other members of the ESS department, Review Center and with the ESS Practice Group. The ESS Project Manager is responsible for supporting Perkins’ legal teams and their clients in the strategic application and use of litigation support technologies. Under the direction of a Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will advise legal teams on application of technology tools to all phases of the litigation lifecycle. This includes consulting with legal teams on the discovery process including litigation readiness and records retention projects, conducting client IT interviews to assess corporate information technology infrastructure and storage practices and make recommendations regarding collection methodologies, electronic discovery service providers, technology platforms and data processing efforts. ESS Project Managers consult with legal teams on effective database design to ensure efficient document review and assist in the management of document reviews. The ESS Project Manager will be supported by a team of ESS Analysts.
- Strong knowledge of litigation support software such as Relativity, Axcelerate, CaseMap and LiveNote and Ipro.
- Strong understanding of the litigation process, including all phases of discovery and trial.
- Superb project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong case and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze a problem/project and propose innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service skills and fluency in standard MS Office applications and ability to quickly master new litigation software.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, exercise discretion and exercise independent judgment.
- Virtual Data Room experience a plus.
Education & Experience:
Previous project management experience in E-Discovery preferred. A Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of related work experience, or equivalent.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.