Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Inspecting, diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining food processing and packaging machines, mechanical/utility equipment, buildings and office facilities in a USDA production environment.
- Perform all work as assigned while adhering to established standards associated with workmanship and safety.
- Responsible for the safe and dependable operating condition of all equipment in the facility.
- Set-up, troubleshoot and repair of stacking, bagging, check-weighing, UPC bar coding, case erectors and conveyor equipment.
- Dismantling and re-assembly of equipment to perform repairs, cleaning and lubrication according to established maintenance schedules.
- Testing, troubleshooting and repair of 110/230/460 volt electrical equipment including motors, starters, relays, timers, panels, breakers, conduit and wiring.
- Able to read and interpret Electrical Control schematics for trouble shooting purposes.
- Minor programming and troubleshooting of VFD’s and PLC’s.
- Understands and adheres to established safety programs (ex/ lock out/tag out, ladder safety, etc.)
- Communicates effectively at all levels in the maintenance and operating departments.
- Provides rapid response when equipment malfunctions or breaks down.
- Ensures that all the equipment is ready prior to production.
- Ensures the building is maintained in compliance to city and fire regulations.
- Assists in coaching and training of maintenance and operating personnel.
- Fabricates parts and modifies equipment as required.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Possess good language skills (verbal & written) to interpret procedures, comprehend instructions, and to communicate effectively with others.
- Be self-motivated, a self-starter and self-directed to work without close supervision in a team environment.
- Hard working, dependable, safety and quality conscious.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Valid Illinois Drivers License preferred.
- Work at 25 to 30 foot elevations using a man-lift
- Work on roof level equipment
- Refrigerated and Frozen areas
- Food manufacturing, packaging and warehousing environment.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# C742F8F0-D7EB-4
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.