Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mundelein, IL 60060
Maintain, revise, and transmit Purchase Orders (PO) for Buyers, and maintain order quantities and ETAs for order lines into branches to ensure high service and low risk of surplus.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure suppliers have received all POs, shipped complete orders and closed out POs. Contact suppliers and internal departments as necessary.
- Maintain accurate ETAs and order quantities for branch and DIR, and vendor purchase orders.
- Monitor, correct, and close out past due vendor invoices to ensure MRP and purchase order accuracy.
- Process workflow errors in SAP for supplier’s EDI transactions.
- Maintain and complete Problem Tickets generated by branches.
- Review backorders and problems with Buyers and Managers.
- Develop relationship with suppliers and collaborate with suppliers to resolve problems and backorder issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of experience preparing/processing requisitions and purchase orders.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and statistics in the interpretation and relationships in SAP.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- SAP, Access and/or Fox/Pro.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO