Data Management Strategy Consultant and Steward
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Responsible for improving data quality across the organization by implementing and maintaining an institutional data governance structure and data quality methodology. Establishes policies, standards and processes that will be developed and maintained to support the data governance function. As subject area expert, consults on data quality improvements across the organization. Advocate for the adoption of rigorous data quality management.
1. Develop tools and processes used to maintain a common, data standard across the organization.
2. Assess, manage, maintain strategies that reduce data redundancy and increases the consistency / confidence of data used for decision making; improving knowledge firm-wide.
3. Define and deliver data management standards, processes and controls and content for the creation and maintenance of common data dictionaries.
4. Participates in periodic reviews to ensure continued compliance with the data governance policies (includes compliance assessments, monitoring and control testing).
5. Resolves conflicting priorities among data owners, data consumers and custodians within sphere of the domain.
6. Collaborates with partners across the organization in maintaining the data governance and data quality model and ensuring we are meeting business needs while balancing quality, risk and cost.
7. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
8. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
9. Responsible for direct interaction with data governance committees and/or management.
10. Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas.
? A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required / preferred.
? Experience working in Data Governance, Data Quality, and Enterprise Data Management, ideally in the Financial Services.
? Understand and be capable of effectively communicating the role of Data Governance to both business and technical communities within the sphere of the data domain.
? Ability to analyze complex issues and build solutions
? Knowledge of data concepts and best practices on data governance.
? Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
? In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
? Ability to influence and build consensus across organizational boundaries