Area Vice President, Health and Life Sciences
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
- The Area Vice President, Health & Life Sciences (HLS) will be responsible for setting and executing Salesforce s HLS sales strategy, with a specific focus on the enterprise provider space.
- This executive will assume leadership of a growing sales organization, including Regional Vice Presidents and Account Executives, to help drive complex enterprise deal transactions.
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy to generate 25%+ annual growth in revenue and bookings
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company s customer base
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- 2nd or 3rd line leadership experience leading teams in strategic sales in the US
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing enterprise sales organization
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- 8+ years in software and/or applications sales (ideally in a CRM, ERP and/or B2B SW company), selling primarily to the CxO level
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and reference able customers
- Strategic enterprise sales experience and revenue achievement selling multiple enterprise software offerings
- Experience selling cloud based enterprise applications is strongly preferred
- Bachelor degree required
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Employer’s Job# JR53242-Chicago
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.