Patient Access Specialist, Part Time - 1st Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Grayslake, IL 60030
Consistently practices Patients First philosophy and adheres to high standards of customer service. This includes setting an example to peers, coworkers, etc. by fostering a team atmosphere. Responds to questions and concerns. Forwards, directs, and notifies Team Lead or Operations Coordinator of extraordinary issues as necessary. Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPAA regulations.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides exceptional customer service to patients which establish a positive first impression of Northwestern Medicine. Exceeds all consumer requests and alerts management of issues or concerns that require escalation. Correctly identifies and collects patient demographic information in accordance with organization standards. Interacts with various hospital departments and physicians offices to effectively schedule and direct patients through the NMHC systems in a patient/customer friendly manner.
Reaches out to patients to schedule an appointment as defined.
Performs medical necessity checks as necessary for scheduled services, communicates options to patient if appointment fails. Informs patients of any issues with securing the financial account for their encounter.
Completes out-of-pocket estimations as requested by patients. Provides training and education as needed. Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time. Completes other duties assigned by manager. Cross-training between various departments will take place to ensure coverage.
Participates in Quality Assurance reviews to ensure integrity of patient data information. Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur. Utilizes department and hospital policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years customer service or medical office experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer data-entry/typing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Additional education. Additional language skills.
- Healthcare finance and/or healthcare insurance experience.
- Knowledge and experience in a healthcare setting, especially patient scheduling and/or registration.
Employer’s Job# 0061679
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.