Staff Nurse KCC (Outpt. Chemo), 36hrs, Evanston
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
Staff Nurse KCC (Outpt. Chemo), 36hrs, Evanston (70215)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognition-the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care-something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We currently seek a staff nurse for our Kellogg Cancer Center, Outpatient Chemotherapy position, at Evanston Hospital, Evanston, IL This is a part time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled 9:30AM – 6:00PM Monday-Friday with every other Thursday off (averaging 36hrs per week).
In this role, you will:
- Independently provide safe, effective, and compassionate nursing care for the oncology patient population
- Utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient plan of care
- Administer chemotherapy, medications and blood products
- Guide and direct assigned unlicensed assistive personnel in delivering interdisciplinary patient care
- Communicate and collaborate with nurses, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team to ensure optimal patient outcomes and continuity of care
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Required: BSN, BLS/CPR
- ONS provider card required
- Oncology experience, Outpatient Infusion Center experience, OCN certification preferred
- If no oncology experience, ED, ICU, PACU experience highly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year Acute Care experience considered
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.