Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Katten is a firm of first choice for clients seeking sophisticated, high-value legal services in the United States and abroad. Our nationally recognized practices include corporate, financial services, litigation, real estate, environmental, commercial finance, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, and trusts and estates. Our more than 650 attorneys serve public and private companies, including a third of the Fortune 100, as well as a number of government and nonprofit organizations and individuals. We provide full-service legal advice from locations across the United States and in London and Shanghai.
Under the general direction of the Help Desk Manager and IT Manager and according to established Firm policies and procedures, is responsible for providing efficient and timely delivery of Level 2 desktop support in a Windows 10 – Office 2016 networked environment consisting of 800+ users.? Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but may not be limited to, the following.? Other duties may be requested and/or assigned.? Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.? Essential functions are primary job duties that an individual must be able to perform successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide general problem solving, support, and assistance on diverse software applications and hardware systems.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to first-level Help Desk Technicians by responding to escalated issues regarding errors, problems, or questions about applications.
- Provide deskside technical support for a variety of client/server applications:? MS Windows 10, MS Office 2016, Citrix/XEN, VMWare VDI, Exchange/Outlook 2016, SCCM Remote Tool, iManage, InterAction, Cisco Jabber, Kofax PowerPDF, Adobe Acrobat, legal departmental applications, Cisco IPT, anti-virus software, mobile smart-phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- Recognize, troubleshoot, and diagnose computer, Cisco IP phone, printer, software, and network connectivity problems.
- Install and maintain desktops, laptops, smart phones, tablets, printers, and all other peripherals.
- Maintain a high level of courteous customer service and patience at all times with ability to anticipate end-users? needs.
- Communicate professionally with end-users the status of problem resolution ensuring satisfactory outcome.
- Maintain existing desktop images utilizing internal deployment procedures.
- Provide technical assistance for remote end-users on XEN/Citrix, VMWare VDI, Web applications and Cisco VPN.
- Knowledge of basic information security protocols; enforces and adheres to Firm security guidelines and procedures.
- Answer Help Desk calls and manage e-mails as needed.
- Track and document support activities and assets using the Help Desk call tracking system.
- Contribute to and maintain the IT Help Desk Knowledge Base. ?Ability to compose written documentation for team and end-users.
- Perform workstation setups for new end-users and complete workstation relocations for existing end-users as needed.
- Setup and support conferences, and audio/video conferencing.
- Support audio/video equipment in Firm conference rooms.
- Contact vendors as necessary to troubleshoot issues.
- After-hours support and on-call rotation is required.
- Work frequently requires more than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.? Occasionally work extended hours to cover staff shortage or increased work volume.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent and three or more years related experience in the technology field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.? MTA, MCSA Windows 10, or A+ Certification highly desirable.? Prior experience in a large legal or professional services environment highly desirable.
- Proficiency working with MS Office 2016, ServiceNow, XEN/Citrix, VMWare VDI, Cisco VPN, RSA SecurID Administrative tools, iManage/Interwoven, SCCM and? Bomgar Remote Control, efax, administrative/support tools, Active Directory, audio/video equipment, smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices. ?Hands on? experience with system support, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of desktop/laptop software/hardware.? Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN/WLAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS preferred.
- Proactive with the ability to identify, define, and analyze detailed support issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.? Ability to interpret technical instructions or diagram.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic with comprehensive knowledge of desktop support in a Windows 10 – Office 2016 networked environment in order to provide technical assistance and problem resolution to the various Firm applications and systems.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative with demonstrated troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and consistently changing work environment with the ability to make decisions based upon results of research.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy and efficiently follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to provide technical support and training to a diverse group of users having different levels of computer expertise including attorneys, support staff, and clients.? In addition, maintain effective relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.? Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position?s responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills including record-keeping, data collection, and system information.? Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report format, written correspondence, e?mail, or verbally.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including computer, printers, telephone, photocopier, scanner, calculator, facsimile, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute technology-system-related items, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.