Sr Developer -ETL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications; knowing one or more programming languages; knowing one or more development methodologies / delivery models.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 6 year Information Technology experience OR 8 years Information Technology experience.
- Possess ability to sit and perform computer entry for entire work shift, as required.
- Possess ability to manage workload, manage multiple priorities, and manage conflicts with customers/employees/managers, as applicable.
- Must have extensive hands on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions on ETL process utilizing DataStage, Teradata and Teradata utilities.
- Must have experience with strong UNIX shell scripting.
- Must have experience with SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development).
- Must have experience with RDBMS concepts.
- Must have experience with reverse engineering schemas and data modeling.
- Must have experience with analyzing, tuning and optimizing queries in the RDBMS.
- Must have experience with leading a team of developers on projects and mentoring them as well.
- Preferred experience using Talend.
- Preferred experience working alongside Big Data technology projects.
- Preferred experience in the data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems
- Preferred experience working in data migration projects.
- Preferred experience with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Preferred experience working in an Agile Matrix environment.
- Preferred experience working with multiple stakeholders with regard to Design, Systems change / configuration management, Business requirements management.
- Ability to establish, execute and govern internal Teradata Best practices and standards.
- Preferred experience with Jenkins and Jira tools.
- Preferred experience working with Mainframe technologies.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Design, Development, Testing and Deployment in Teradata and DataStage platforms
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.