Desktop Support Technician I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
North Chicago, IL 60064
Information Technology Services at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science invites applications for a full-time Desktop Support Technician I position. The University encourages applications from individuals belonging to groups underrepresented in their field and those that can add new and valuable perspectives to the academic environment. Under general direction, provide front line support to the University’s faculty and staff by maintaining a safe and reliable computing environment within the Rosalind Franklin community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform basic computer and/or peripheral set-ups.
- Review, prioritize and resolve Helpdesk requests.
- Manage assigned workloads within designated work queues while providing adequate documentation of work in progress.
- Transfer and/or move computer assets as needed. Perform basic hardware repairs and maintenance on a wide range of PC based computer systems and peripherals.
- Evaluate existing computer systems hardware/software and perform system upgrades based on clients needs and resolve configuration conflicts and errors.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve hardware and associated software issues.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma.
- IT education or training, or comparable experience in a role performing technology or customer service duties
- Must achieve a background check clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable in current Microsoft Windows and Office products/platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and communicate technical information to nontechnical people.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent.
- One to three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment and will be conducted in a climate controlled office with extensive use of computers, telephones and other office equipment.
- Frequent lifting and moving of computer equipment and use of hand tools.
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.