Corporate Development Director
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Warrenville, IL 60555
Sonova Holding AG, headquartered in Staefa, Switzerland, is the leading manufacturer of innovative hearing care solutions worldwide. The group operates through its core business brands – Phonak, Unitron, Advanced Bionics and Connect Hearing – and offers its customers one of the most comprehensive product portfolios in the industry – from hearing aids to cochlear implants to wireless communication solutions.
Founded in 1947, the company is currently present in over 90 countries across the globe and has a workforce of over 9,000 dedicated employees. It is a public company, traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Phonak LLC, headquartered in Warrenville, IL, was founded in 1989 and is the largest group company within Sonova. It manufactures and distributes digital hearing instruments and wireless accessories to hearing health professionals throughout the United States.
Sonova / USA / Warrenville (IL)
Corporate Development Director
- Strategic Investment Decisions
- Strategize and collaborate with senior leadership to determine and develop the US acquisition and investment strategies based on a thorough understanding of the marketplace and Sonova’s identified business strategy
- Perform gap analysis to existing wholesale and retail portfolios, and help define strategic and tactical steps to best position company for accelerated growth
- Identify, contact, qualify and maintain a robust pipeline of acquisition and loan targets consistent with Sonova objectives
- Develop deep understanding of commercial market, including market size and growth, competitive landscape, and sources of competitive advantage to inform strategic decision-making process
- Lead the business and financial due diligence of investment opportunities, summarizing analysis and making recommendations/business cases for local management and headquarter review
- Align key internal stakeholders to support effective and timely decision making and transaction approval
- Lead customer and partner-facing negotiations under the supervision of the Vice President, Corporate Development.
- Organize cross-functional teams (legal, accounting, tax, finance, sales, etc.) to execute, close and implement approved investment opportunities
- Oversee post-close performance of strategic investments, following-up on deviations with customers/partners for senior management
- Develop and deliver investment analysis materials for quarterly financial reviews with HQ Finance
- Utilize the Senior Corporate Development Analyst teams and work closely to align strategies with other Sonova entities
- Implement formalized tracking of investment funnel and drive accountability throughout the organization
Education and Skill Set:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Accounting. MBA considered an asset.
- 10+ years of work experience and 5+ years of M&A or lending experience
- Proven track record supporting and managing transactions from inception to culmination
- Strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to see the big picture and understand customer needs, marketplace dynamics and company goals/capabilities to proactively identify targets and drive business results
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and negotiating business transactions including acquisition evaluation, modeling and financial analysis
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills including the ability to align stakeholders and dig into the details to interpret the key business drivers.
- Strong financial foundation (accounting and business valuation) and analysis skills
- Executive presence with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize/explain complex financial information
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment with multiple projects and aggressive timelines
- A Self-starter with an entrepreneurial and ownership mindset
- Hearing Healthcare experience considered an asset
- Successful track record developing and managing internal processes and resources
- Advanced-level Excel and PowerPoint skills with working knowledge of Office products.
- SAP, SAP BW and Salesforce.com knowledge considered an asset
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Sonova USA, Inc. (5100)
4520 Weaver Parkway
IL 60555-3927 Warrenville
Create impact. Transform lives -
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.