Clinical Respiratory Coordinator- Full-Time, Days
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mchenry, IL 60050
The Clinical Respiratory Coordinator is responsible for evaluating and overseeing clinical practices within the department, working collaboratively with manager, staff, physicians, and other departments to maintain patient care excellence and compliance. Assists the Respiratory Manager in administrative functions and assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Respiratory Care Manager as delegated or in the case of absence. Acts as a mentor, facilitator, coach, and clinical/supervisory resource.
- Emergency department experience
- 3 years experience in acute care hospital setting to include adult, pediatric, and neonatal critical care and relief supervisory experience
- Must possess leadership skills including communication, organizational skills, time management, coping skills, motivation, problem solving, autonomy, and supporting the team
- Two years or more experience as a NICU Level III transport therapist Regulatory, leadership and/or teaching experience a plus
- Completion of asthma education course preferred
- Training in lab quality standards and blood gas instrument troubleshooting preferred
- Graduate from an accredited school of respiratory therapy
- Illinois State License as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: ACLS within 6 months of hire, BLS, NRP, PALS, LIC RCP, REG RRT
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0061363
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.