Specialist, R and D - Savory
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
1) Assists other members of the team in creating samples from formulas handed down.
2) Responsible for sample inventory control and proper storage
3) Responsible for ingredient/packaging inventory and storage
4) Responsible for sample shipments and maintenance of shipping and receiving records for the lab.
5) Supports team members on line trials when necessary
6) Reviews documentation from bakeries; provides verification when necessary
7) Responsible for the upkeep of the lab including (but not limited to) scheduling equipment repairs and calibration, coordinating lab sanitation and laundry services.
8) Performs analytical procedures on samples when needed (e.g.: pH, moisture content, Aw)
9) Performs and reports on product evaluations when necessary (e.g.: quarterly cookie review)
10) Generates POs and invoices for lab maintenance services (e.g.: dry ice, laundry, lab materials, ingredients and packaging)
11) Knowledge of Aryzta product offerings in those fields of team development responsibility.
12) Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; AA, BA or BS preferred. Additional culinary education preferred
- Sound basic math skills required (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, ease with fractions and decimals).
- Ability to read and understand a basic formula.
- Ability to create a basic formula with technologist oversight
- Proficient knowledge of Aryzta interfaces and software.
o Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Sharepoint required
o Familiarity with SAP and Genesis, preferred
- Domestic travel 5% of time.
- Job requires bending, stooping, lifting of minimum 50 lbs.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 56DCCE97-1085-4
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.